Prom Prep on your mind? Once you’ve accepted your “prom-posal”, you’ll need to find the perfect dress, shoes, and accessories — and Z102.9 has your back!
SAVE THE DATE: Z102.9’s Gown Town returns for one day only, Saturday, February 23rd at the Kirkwood Linn County Regional Center 1770 Boyson Road in Hiawatha from Noon – 3 PM!
This event is for high school girls in the corridor to come shop our 100% FREE, no-questions-asked Prom Shop. It’s your opportunity to come select a prom dress, shoes or accessory — before you drop the big bucks! Grab your besties and shop Z102.9’s Gown Town — Saturday, February 23rd!
Before the doors open, we need your help at filling our “store”! Donations of new or gently loved formal gowns, shoes and accessories are being accepted NOW at the following locations:
• Citywide Cleaners – 3 locations (PLUS they will clean your donated dress for FREE)
• Herteen & Stocker Jewelers – Dubuque Street, downtown Iowa City
• Kirkwood Linn County Regional Center in Hiawatha (same location as Gown Town)
• We will start handing out numbered wristbands at 8:30 AM. Feel free to come grab a wristband and then return to Kirkwood to “shop” no later than 11:30 AM.
• Come dressed ready to try on dresses! Our dressing rooms are open “locker-room” style spaces. Tank tops, bike shorts, etc are recommended for ease of trying on the dresses around others.